Friday, May 14, 2021

End of the School Year

 It will take some time for all that happened during this year to be absorbed. My students seem tired. I'm tired. I'm still doing Summer School. I don't know what that will be like. Some of my students have really tried and done great projects and pieces of writing this year. Overcoming obstacles. Students will always surprise you. There is great upheaval in this society. A forced reckoning with the past. It's always difficult to focus on the moment. To focus on this act of writing. There are so many forces clamoring for my attention. I'm trying to be a good father. A good teacher. Husband I'm not sure what to make of that right now but I am trying to help her in any way I can. When the chips are down you do let go of your quibbles and rancors. When it's life or death or someone's desperate or really hurting, you don't care what their politics are. We all come at life from different angles. From different life experiences and from what we believe is true. 

No comments: