Tuesday, May 4, 2021

End of Another School Year

 Such a mix of emotions at the end of the school year. You want to prepare students for the AP Exam, but you also want them to enjoy the end of the school year. You want to give them something to remember the class. What books have we read together? The Poisonwood Bible, There There, Hamlet, Pnin, The Things They Carried, Fences, The Piano Lesson. I tried to do some Russian short stories from George Saunders book with one class. It's been a strange year because it's all been online. I've tried to connect as best I can. I tried to question the canon by teaching The Things They Carried but also having them read a Vietnamese or Vietnamese-American author too. We did a lot of poetry. I enjoyed our discussion about poetry because the students had a lot of interesting perspectives. 

I'm trying to plan Professional Development for the summer and I'm waiting to hear back about summer school. I'm running every day. C is trying to finish up the Master's. She is having the typical challenges you face in any hospital. 

No comments: